This CD is made for the Crazy Amigo challenge this week where the theme is "Butterflies"- brilliant theme as I do love butterflies. This was made using collage images from Digital Collage Images, and stamp from Stampington. The "Life" key is a Tim Holtz one. The CD was cracked in the microwave oven, a technique I read about on the Mixed Media Monday forum. It takes literally SECONDS in the microwave but I do love the effect it gave.
edited to add a link from Kelsey on the MMM forum, this is the microwave tips....
This pendant is what I made when I seen the MMM challenge this week, Do What You Love- I just love sitting at my craft desk playing around. This was an e-ring, it's mother of pearl and the whimsy image is transferred on, beads etc added, then the Tim Holtz charm at the bottom. It's for a friend who's been ill recently so I hope she likes it. :)
This is my entry to Creative Wednesday, where the theme there is also Butterflies! There are three in this piece but it was very hard to photograph, it used to be filled with water and glitter and Mickey Mouse.....lol I wrecked it then altered it.
The images are again from Digital Collage Images- I printed this one out in mirror image too so you can see the girl just the same from the back.
There is a transparent "wall" inside, I kept that as I thought it made a fab backdrop and held my butterflies and word etc.
The vine at the back is actually hiding a big crack, you can't see it at all now, but that was from me trying to break it open in the first place......lol all in the name of art....lolTFL xoxo