Sunday, March 08, 2009

Mixed Media Monday- "The Written Word"

The challenge on this week's Mixed Media Monday is "The Written Word" and I have altered a book, so I hope it counts....this was also part of a challenge on my forum from Seona, who sent everyone some bits and pieces (tat that she didn't want to chuck out more like it.......LOL) and we all had to come up with something using at least three pieces of the tat...everyone's piece was so different and they were all gorgeous.
This is the first time I've done anything like this and I did enjoy it...I used the bird image for my new header too...that image is from Retro Cafe Art, as is the image on the tag.
This is the inside of the book, it's all glued together, then cut out on one side.
The outside, a little bit brighter than I wanted but that's ok....makes a change for me!
A little close up of my birdy.....carrying a little lock and key that says "made for you" on itAnd you can't really see, but the clip at the side of the book is a pull out tag.....inside an envelope that was part of the tat kit....lol
This is my envelope...
and my tag...



This went to Seona as part of the swap........well, when I say WENT to Seona, I gave her it on Saturday when we met in Glasgow for a craft show...was fantastic, and I got myself a new toy and have been playing with it ever since, absolutely love it! Sophie came with us, and enjoyed being chased around the SECC by Seona who is almost as daft as Sophie.....lol so a good time was had by all, and I hope Seona likes the book....