Friday, July 18, 2008

Mixed Media Monday- Rust

This week's Mixed Media Monday is hosted by my good friend Gillian, and her choice of theme is "Rust". This is my contribution, this started life as a picture frame on my hall wall, had my kids in it, until I knocked it off the wall walking past and it fell to pieces, but the glass was intact so I thought I could do something with it.


I've stamped onto the glass then onto Haza tissue paper and also used a phrase from a PBS stamp that I thought matched the "Simple Pleasures" stamp perfectly. I've soldered all around, added embellishments etc and wasn't happy with it, the solder being so bright and silver. So I was moaning about this to my brilliant crafty pal Seona who said, "use alcy inks to rust the solder"!! Et voila! brilliant, so I used alcy inks in "Rust" and "Espresso" and the copper metal mixative, and I also used it on my Tim Holtz key too, and I thought it worked brilliantly, so thanks Seona, it's great to have crafty friends I can phone. I love that and I really appreciate it. Must be my age, you start to appreciate real friends more don't you?


click on the pics to see more detail. :-)



So now I am waffling that must mean it's time to go, it is actually Friday night right now, and Seona is being very kind and posting this for me on Monday, as I am off on holiday with my family for a week. So I cannot wait to come home and see everyone's gorgeous Rusty crafty bits and pieces, and as always I will choose an "Art of the Week" from the entries for the Mixed Media Monday forum. If you haven't joined yet, you should- and actually there is a brilliant idea from Diane in the techniques section about making Rusty paper! How perfect is that? So join up and we'll all see you there, well I'll see you in a week!