Friday, August 01, 2008

Holiday #1, my first painting & an award!

These are all taken from our first holiday this year, when we went to Berwick-upon-Tweed. Absolutely gorgeous little town and gorgeous surrounding towns too so plenty to do. The weather was amazing and the kids loved it, as you'll see! While there I thought the view from our seaview caravan was stunning, and you've guessed, it was by the sea....lol

I bought a little set of mini canvases and acrylic paints from a small craft shop there, and did this, my very first painting from scratch, I drew it, and I painted it, all by myself!! The sea was quite hard to do, but I persevered and went over it and over it till I liked it. There are probably 20 layers of acrylic on this little thing....lol It's only 3"x2" approx so I started small! After all it's not the size that counts is it? ;-)



This is a photograph of the actual view. No lighthouse, that was further along and further out, but I liked it so I moved it!


This was a photo I was taking of the sea, and I happened to catch some poor guy get soaked. I'm ashamed to say I was too busy laughing to get any "after" pics of this.....lol


And this was a door in a Bee Farm, it's painted so beautifully I had to take a pic of it.


Miss Sophie on the beach. She's all hair.....lol


And the three kids enjoying the beach and burying each other in the sand, I bet lots of you have photos just like this one somewhere of you or your kids doing this. I know I have one of me buried in sand, taken years and years ago......obviously.....lol


And this was also at the Bee Farm, it's a "Bee House" and I love dolls houses so this was so cool, I love the roof, it really looks like slates doesn't it?



Our holiday was fantastic, and even if I wasn't going anywhere else I would be happy with that for a holiday. However we're going to Disneyland Paris in September, so time to save again!!


I have to also show you my award.....

I received this award from the lovely Ann and she is one of the most genuine and nice people I know so I'm very honoured to get this again. If you haven't seen Ann's blog, check it out, especially THIS and you'll see why I love her so much. That pic does not do the candle justice, you have to see these things in real life, honestly, it's like when you get a stick of holiday rock and the writing is in it right through, that's what these pics are like, like they are made with the candle you know? Not like stuck on pics at all. Brilliant stuff, and she's also got a fantastic tutorial on there for making backgrounds from SHAVING FOAM!! Brilliant stuff, and that's why I am giving the award back to Ann!! It's ok Ann I don't expect you to pass it on, but I do want you to know your blog is brilliant and I'm proud to have you linked to mine. xx
I am also passing the award to Seona, twice......lol
Once for her craft blog, that I love........ HERE
and one for her knitting blog, for all the slagging I do she is actually a very talented knitter (sorry I don't "get" knitting, probs cos I'm rubbish at it) and her blog is fab....... HERE
I am also passing the award on to Audrey Hernandez. obviously...... lol she's probably got nineteen so far but I don't care, her blog is above brilliant and she's getting it anyway. I've learned SO much from Audrey I can't even begin to tell you, and I love to read about Montana and seeing the gorgeous pics of him. I think Audrey's work is ingenious and long may she continue being a brilliant blogger. (I may have already given you this Audrey, and if so I expect two links on your blog.......lmao)
Next we have Sandy, HERE and Sandy's work is just awesome, I love everything she does and she's so inspirational. Some of the most fantastic backgrounds I've seen are from Sandy's blog and I love going there.
And last but by no means least, the wonderful Galina- HERE Galina is another person who is true to her art, and I love that. And I love reading about Sasha too so this blog is a must for me.
I know this award has done the rounds, and if you all want to pass it on, please do so. If not then please accept my admiration of your blogs!
EDITED to add, thank you Karin for the award, I appreciate this a lot. xx