Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Mixed Media Monday- Fashion

Please click on the pic for a decent view ;-)


This is my contribution to the theme of "Fashion" on mixed media monday this week. Fashion and beauty always remind me of this quote, it's taken from a song I love, by Savage Garden, and this song has SO many quotes I believe that I'll try and put it on here....if you have two minutes to spare it really is well worth a listen....the gist of it is "I believe in Karma, what we give is what we get returned" (in which case I am stuffed....LOL) but there are loads of other beautiful lines in that song.
Anyway, the art......this is a canvas board, 5" high by 7" wide, texture paste, acrylics, fantasy film, gilding flakes, image transfer, and the image on the left is my first attempt with liquid resin, it's plasticy and hard and transparent-ish...will be using that again. Then the most part of the canvas is covered in beeswax.
In trying to get this video on here I've been listening to it again, and I STILL love this, the quote I've used is in the first minute, it's really a wonderful song.