Friday, February 13, 2009

Not so Happy New Year after all....

WOW, it feels like so long since I last posted.....or crafted.....
We've had a traumatic few weeks here in our family life.....sadly my Mother-in-Law died on 26th January, very sudden but very peaceful too......my husband (her only son) and I were there holding her hands......her husband, my lovely Father-in-Law, has Alzheimers and didn't really know what was going on.
So now he lives with us.....
I am a full time carer for him...but he's delightful and no bother at all, so it's all good, but still a big adjustment.


And he had to have a downstairs room.....since he's 82 and was knocked over last November, he doesn't have good mobility......so goodbye craftroom.....not that I've moaned.....much......lol


I had just finished decorating my craft room, and made one thing it, that I'm about to blog.....and I had to move it all to my bedroom- there is still loads of room there, it's all good. I haven't sorted through it all yet, but I'll get there.....


I didn't take any pics of the craft room, cos as much as I really don't mind giving it up, and it's for the right reasons etc, it was hard too.....I've wanted my own room for so long and just had it perfect....... such is life....


So the thing I made....


on my forum, Seona set the challenge for January to alter a matchbox- it's been too long since I did this and really really enjoyed the challenge, so thanks Seona x

My matchbox was to be for the lovely Audrey, so having sent her nothing for her wedding in December I decided to make it wedding themed, nicking some piccies from Audrey's blog in the process!! And this is what I ended up with.......hope you like it moo xx







EDITED TO ADD........I WON I WON I WON I WON!!!!! I WON VIOLA'S OWOH GIVEAWAY!!!! WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OMG I NEEDED THAT!!!!!!!!

(not that I'm excited or anything.....LOL)